When you’re trying to develop a new mindset, affirmations are a great way to redirect and reframe your thoughts.
It takes time and effort to break free from a mindset of “not enough” or from a cycle of complaining and negative thoughts, but replacing those negative, defeating thoughts with truths from Scripture that focus on gratitude and blessing can do wonders for getting your focus back on track.
Gratitude is a powerful way to combat many different negative thought patterns, such as:
Feeling like you don’t have enough
Feeling like *you’re* not enough
Thinking God’s forgotten you
Seeing the negative in every situation
Etc, etc, etc
The mindset of gratitude can cause you to rise above your circumstances and see them from a different perspective.
So the next time you notice a negative pattern starting to develop in your thoughts, stop yourself, and replace the negativity or complaining with a gratitude affirmation.
Here are some examples of affirmations that are based on Biblical truths:
1. “I have everything I need in Christ.” (2 Peter 1:3)
2. “I am blessed in ways I haven’t even realized yet.” (2 Corinthians 9:8)
3. “God will provide whatever I need today.” (Philippians 4:19)
4. “I’m thankful for ________.” (1 Thessalonians 5:18)
5. “I live by faith, not by sight.” (2 Corinthians 5:7)
Bonus Tip: Turn your affirmations into short prayers!
1. “Thank You for providing for my needs.”
2. “You have blessed me, You are blessing me, You will bless me.”
3. “You are faithful, You’ve always been faithful, You will be faithful.”
4. “Thank You in advance for the way You’re going to work out this situation.”
5. “You have plans and blessings for me that I can’t see yet. Thank You.”
By the way, if you'd like to start moving forward in your life and faith, grab my FREE journal guide below to get started!
This FREE guide is for you if you want to:
get clear on what living with purpose looks like to you
brainstorm how to start becoming more intentional with your time and habits
identify your priorities and focus your attention on them
learn how to start and end each day feeling accomplished
grow closer to the Lord and become more assured of the potential He’s placed within you